- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
HEALTHY, INCLUSIVE AND SUSTAINABLE CITIES: AN URBAN DESIGN GUIDELINE FOR THE WATERFRONT DEVELOPMENT IN MEZITLI/ TURKEY
15.07.2021 - 9:00 - 10:30
Students from the Department of Architecture, City Planning and Landscape Planning at the University of Kassel and from the City and Regional Planning Department at the University of Mersin have jointly worked on a design guideline for Viranşehir Neighborhood in Mezitli, Mersin/Turkey.
The target of this exchange and project was to develop innovative and applicable solutions in the following areas:
• Operationalization of healthy cities principles, incl. the promotion of non-motorized mobility and walkability
• Sustainable waterfront development under the consideration of local impacts of climate change and accessibility to water
• Protection of cultural and archaeological sites and their integration in the city
• Promotion of social integration and cohesion through development of open public spaces
The project was conducted from February to July 2021 and is part of a collaboration between the universities of Kassel and Mersin, as well as City of Mezitli.